Axial SMT10 Upgrade Series - Grave Digger - Part 1 - Transmission and Power
Grave Digger Upgrade Part 1: Transmission Gears, Transmission housing, Spur Gear, and Motor
- Aluminum Transmission Case
- SSD RC Steel Transmission Gears for SCX10/Wraith/SMT10
- Xtra Speed HD Steel Spur Gear 56T/15T
- Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL60 Brushless unsensored ESC
- HobbyStar 4-Pole 3500kv Brushless Waterproof Motor
Finally got to kick off the upgrade build. The Grave Digger will be getting the upgrade treatment first, as it's my son's.
First thing that needs to be taken care of are the transmission gears and housing.
SSD HD Gears going in...
New SSD HD Gears in aluminum transmission housing
All put together
Xtra Speed 56T Steel Spur gear going in
Xtra Speed on left, Axial on right
Hobbystar 4-pole 3500kv waterproof brushless going in.
All meshed up (The stock 11T Pinion is pictured. I actually ended up swapping out to the 15T pinion that came with the Xtra Speed 56T spur gear)
Powerplant/powertrain all mounted up
Using a Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL60 Brushless Esc