Axial SMT10 Upgrade Series - Grave Digger - Part 3 - Suspension and Steering
Grave Digger Upgrade Part 3: Suspension & Steering
Time to finish up the bulk of the remaining upgrades. Mostly suspension and steering related.
- Axial RR10 Bomber Rear Sway bar AX31331 (for use in SMT10 front axle)
- STRC CNC Machines Aluminum Reinforcement Lower Link Plate (Green)
- Aluminum Upper Chassis Links
- SSD RC Titanium Steering Links
- DS3218MG 20kg Servo
- Boom Racing 25T Aluminum Servo Horn
Got these generic "RCAWD" aluminum upper links from eBay
Old noodle links vs new aluminum links
Rear upper links installed
STRC link plates to strengthen the lower links.
Had an issue where one of their screws just wasn't long enough.. happens to be the only one that is a cap head and not countersunk screw. Luckily I had some longer ones from my Yeti's stainless steel screw upgrade exercise.
Upper links and Link plates all added...
Front sway bar added
DS3218 20kg Servo mounted up
SSD RC steering links going on...
Using my favorite Boom Racing low profile servo horn.
SSD steering links all mounted up