Axial SMT10 Upgrade Series - Max-D - Part 1 - Transmission and Motor
Max-D Upgrade Part 1: Transmission Gears, Transmission housing, Spur Gear, and Motor
- Aluminum Transmission Case
- SSD RC Steel Transmission Gears for SCX10/Wraith/SMT10
- Xtra Speed HD Steel Spur Gear 56T/15T
- Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL60 Brushless unsensored ESC
- HobbyStar 4-Pole 3500kv Brushless Waterproof Motor
Starting the Max-D upgrade. Very similar to the Grave Digger with a few different parts. First thing that needs to be taken care of are the transmission gears and housing.
This was a surprise... I've run this truck2x..2! All on stock 27t brushed motor driving around the driveway. You think bringing this up to Axial will achieve anything?
SSD HD Gears going in...
Aluminum Transmission Housing
New SSD HD Gears in aluminum transmission housing (wiped away excess grease after taking picture)
Xtra Speed 56T Steel Spur gear going in
Xtra Speed Spur mounted on
All meshed up
Using a Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL60 Brushless Esc
HobbyStar 3500kv 4-pole Waterproof Brushless Motor
Powerplant/powertrain all mounted up